Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Morning Report Presenter & Journalist
New Zealand’s media landscape is about to undergo an exciting transformation. TVNZ and RNZ will become one entity next year, producing top-quality news and entertainment for New Zealanders, by New Zealanders.
This is your chance to join RNZ at a pivotal time in our history. We’re thrilled about the new opportunities that are about to be available to our people; and we hope you can join us.
Te Tūranga – The opportunity
RNZ aims to develop a life-long relationship with all the people of Aotearoa by enriching, reflecting and connecting the communities of Aotearoa and the Pacific through informative, challenging and entertaining storytelling.
Te Mahi – About the job
Based in Auckland, you’ll co-host the country’s most influential daily news programme.
This is your opportunity to set the news agenda, hold the powerful to account, cover breaking news both at home and overseas as well as inform and entertain our nationwide audiences each weekday morning.
Using your strong interviewing skills and personality you’ll be able to cover both the big stories and the small stories in a way that grows Morning Report’s ratings and influence.
Ōu Pūkenga - About You
Reporting to the
Executive Editor, you will:
- Be part of a talented and driven team totally committed to excellence, and exceeding the expectations of our audiences every single day
- Deliver an engaging experience for our audiences both on air and on-line.
- You will love telling stories about NZ & overseas news & current affairs events, along with talking with people doing really interesting things.
- You will have the ability to tell the big stories, simplify the complex as well as relate to the everyday.
- Be performance-driven and strive to produce a compelling listening experience.
Ngā Hua: What we offer
- A welcoming and inclusive team
- If eligible, will match an employee’s KiwiSaver contribution up to 4%, additional leave provisions
- A focus on the development of our people
- Comprehensive wellbeing support
Te Ahurea – Our Culture
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and constructive culture. This means creating a place where our people feel like they belong and can do their best work. We do this through our attitudes; Be Bold, Better Every Day and Extend Manaakitanga.
Please note: A complete application includes your covering letter and a CV.
Applications close: Friday 12 August 2022
RNZ is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and welcomes applicants reflecting New Zealand’s cultural and ethnic diversity.