Head of Programming and Visuals
RNZ is developing its delivery of content across multiple platforms while continuing to build on our excellence in public service broadcasting in New Zealand.
The Head of Programming and Visuals is a leadership position reporting to the Chief Executive and Editor-in-Chief. As part of the leadership team, this role will lead the development and implementation of a multi-media and visual programming strategy that attracts and increases audience and builds content diversity.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of shaping the nation’s leading media organisation.
You will be responsible for:
- Putting audience insight at the heart of RNZ’s news programming strategy to grow new and diverse audiences;
- Leading the development and implementation of RNZ’s multimedia and visual programming;
- Championing and advancing RNZ’s editorial independence;
- Bringing RNZ’s Charter to life;
- Providing inspirational and effective leadership to the programming team in RNZ;
- Effectively managing the group’s finances.
You will have sound experience in editorial management, proven achievement and credibility as a senior journalist and/or broadcaster who sets and achieves high professional standards. You will also have expertise in multimedia and visual journalism.
You will have had proven success in leading and influencing others, particularly in the area of change, which will be part of the range of personal skills, attributes and social skills you will bring to this senior leadership role. You will have worked at a leadership level in broadcasting and/or multimedia before.
The position may be based either in Auckland or Wellington.
Applications close: 8 June 2018.
If you’d like to talk about the role, phone Mark McGinn at PeopleFit Limited, 027 6288803.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: HP&V-05/18
Closing Date: Friday, 8 June 2018