Permanent Full Time
RNZ (Radio New Zealand) has seen staggering growth in our online audience in the past two years and we want to continue to build on this with great new ways of telling stories.
This role is part of an innovative, fast moving, hardworking Product and Audience team who are intrinsic to evolving the RNZ brand across our platforms and channels. The team combines product management, digital communications, research and analytics, web content & UX, software development, platform support, and solutions architecture. We work closely together to make insights-driven, user-focused digital products RNZ’s audiences love.
You will work closely with our people across the business in social media, visual journalism, news, radio, podcasts, communications and marketing, as well as external partners on projects small and large, across all media to take projects from ideation to visual concept through to delivery.
We’re looking for an experienced, flexible and communicative designer with specific digital experience to join the next phase of our development. You will have:
- strong conceptual abilities,
- a problem-solving mentality,
- formal tertiary qualifications (preferably BA or higher),
- plenty of experience delivering high-quality work for a variety of clients (internal and external), and
- a great eye and heaps of experience delivering successful, great-looking, creative work.
You will be:
- collaborative, communicative and comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds,
- highly user-focused with a flair for design thinking and UX, including user testing, and comfortable working with developers on front-end code, and
- well-versed in your preferred, relevant software packages - Adobe CC, Sketch, etc., and able to use these effectively to create responsive and object-oriented designs.
We are a Rails shop that uses Git for SCM so a basic understanding of these will be important. We also expect good knowledge of HTML and SASS and experience in applying these at scale.
in media industries, illustration, animation, video, data visualisation and app
or game design skills are a plus.
Please note: A complete application includes your covering letter and a CV as well as a portfolio showing your experience working on a variety of digital projects, products and outputs.
Applications close: 5pm Sunday 23 July
Radio New Zealand is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and welcomes applicants reflecting New Zealand’s cultural and ethnic diversity.
Closing Date: Sunday, July 23, 2017