Digital & Production Technologist
Permanent Full Time
RNZ has seen staggering growth in our online audience in the past two years and we are continuing our transformation to make our stories and content available to our audience digitally and on air. Technology is a major enabler.
This role is part of the team that provides IT and technical support for our technology specifically supporting the end-to-end systems for publishing and distribution of our content. Offering variety, this position provides a technical coordination role for our web technical infrastructure in conjunction with external supplier partners as well as broadcast production and IBT technology support and service for the publishing of content from studios, digital platforms through to the various distribution channels.
RNZ is looking for a collaborative team player who can work successfully with a diverse range of people. Acting as an agent for change, improvement and innovation, you will be able to influence and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences and get things done while remaining unflappable under pressure.
If you have:
- Multimedia digital publishing knowledge and experience.
- Audio, Video and operational experience. Previous experience in live, production and outside broadcasting role at a senior level.
- Broad knowledge of broadcast systems, especially “audio over IP” and digital video systems
- Good knowledge of IT architectures; networks; Operating Systems (Windows, Cisco IOS, Linux).
- Proven ability to provide support within a complex 24-7 / 365 day media/broadcast environment.
- Demonstrate expertise and broad knowledge of multiple technologies/platforms.
- A knowledge of current developments and trends in area of expertise through regular up skilling.
- Experience of working with internal and external vendor teams.
we’d like to hear from you.
Please note: A complete application includes your covering letter and a CV.
Applications close: 5 pm Friday 20 October 2017
Radio New Zealand is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and welcome applicants who will help us reflect New Zealand’s cultural and ethnic diversity.
Closing Date: Friday, October 20, 2017