Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Audience Development Editor
Te Tūranga – The opportunity
opportunity to work with New Zealand’s award-winning public media company. RNZ
aims to strengthen Aotearoa and the Pacific through informative, challenging
and entertaining content.
Te Mahi – About the job
RNZ is New Zealand’s only non-commercial public multimedia organisation and exists solely to serve the public interest by providing unique, impartial services and content to all New Zealanders.
Part of RNZ’s strategy involves continuing to expand our digital content and distribution to connect with a growing and increasingly diverse audience.
In this role you will:
- Help identify the public interest journalism that resonates most with our audiences.
- Provide insights to ensure we can respond to opportunities.
- Focus on data and analytics to inform the newsroom in the commissioning, creation and curation of our public interest journalism.
- Democratise analytics within the newsroom and assist News leadership with the development and maintenance of audience growth goals.
- Monitor outputs to ensure we are focusing our time and effort on the public interest journalism that is most relevant to – and reaching - agreed audiences.
- Contribute to SEO and Social best-practice in the Newsroom.
- Contribute to implementation of improved analytics across News and Content.
Ōu Pūkenga - About You
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Tertiary-level journalism qualification or equivalent experience.
- A proven journalist/editor with solid experience.
- Effective working knowledge of the media landscape including, but not limited to, industry products, audience behaviour and RNZ’s strategy.
- Understanding of RNZ’s style requirements and editorial policies.
- Experience and ability in identifying changing audience needs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
Ngā Hua: What we offer
- An opportunity to join RNZ and help define the News strategy and vision.
- A friendly, welcoming and inclusive team/organisation.
- Development and regular training opportunities for our people.
- Competitive salary.
- Will match an employee’s KiwiSaver contribution up to 4%.
- Additional leave provisions for some roles and the option to buy extra leave.
- Comprehensive parental leave over and above standard legislation.
- Company discounts and benefits including discounted Southern Cross health insurance, car rental services and free flu shots.
- RNZ supports work/life balance for our people including working from home initiatives where possible.
- Comprehensive wellbeing support including access to a confidential support, guidance and counselling service.
Te Ahurea – Our Culture
At RNZ we are committed to fostering an inclusive and constructive culture. This means creating a place where our people feel like they belong and can do their best work. We do this through our attitudes; Be Bold, Better Every Day and Extend Manaakitanga.
This is a full-time role but we are open to flexibility.
To apply for this role please complete your application on our careers site, including your covering letter and a CV. If applying through Seek you will be able to view and download a copy of the job description for this role after clicking Apply.
Applications close: Sunday, 3rd December 2023
If you'd like to speak to someone about this role, please get in touch with the RNZ Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
RNZ is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and welcomes applicants reflecting New Zealand’s cultural and ethnic diversity.