Senior Network and Systems Administrator
RNZ’s mission is to be the trusted voice informing, connecting and entertaining Aoteroa. We have seen staggering growth in our online audience in the past two years and we are continuing our transformation to make our stories and content available to audiences digitally and on air. Technology is a major enabler.
The technology environment at RNZ is constantly evolving to meet changing audience demands, requiring collaboration across teams to deliver effective results. The broadcast and media environment presents opportunities to support and develop systems that are out of the conventional IT sphere.
This role is a part of the Information and Broadcast Technology (IBT) team who are part of a wider Technology and Operations Group encompassing transmission engineers, recording engineers and studio operators. IBT is a small, dedicated and high performing team which supports RNZ’s technology platforms, from base infrastructure through to user support. This role is an integral member of the team, contributing to the whole team and group through core expertise and mentoring others.
Having a broad range of general IT skills and specialising in networks and servers, you will:
- deliver high performance and reliable network services.
- contribute to the evolution of RNZ with strategic technical design and leads project implementations with external service providers, and
- provide second and expert level support to the Help desk on network services and assist with first level help desk on a rostered basis.
RNZ is looking for a collaborative team player who can work successfully with a diverse range of people. You will be able to influence and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences and get things done while remaining unflappable under pressure.
If you have:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) qualification, MCSE or other relevant IT qualifications
- More than 5 years relevant experience in all aspects of industry standard hardware, software and data networks. This should include a combination of Cisco, VMware, Microsoft on-premise, Microsoft Cloud/O365, Unix/Linux and Apple systems
- Proven track records of providing support within a complex 24-7 / 365 day business environment and working early hours
- Experience working with external providers both in business-as-usual and project scenarios
- Familiarity with multicast and streaming media and/or experience within the media and broadcast industries would be an advantage, and
- Like a challenge to be part of a progressing organisation with services that reach all New Zealanders,
We'd like to hear from you.
Please note: A complete application includes your covering letter and a CV.
Applications close: 5 pm Monday 27 August
Radio New Zealand is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and welcome applicants who will help us reflect New Zealand’s cultural and ethnic diversity.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: SNRNET-08/18
Closing Date: Monday, 27 August 2018