Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Journalist, RNZ Pacific
RNZ Pacific broadcasts to radio stations and individual listeners across the Pacific region, and on shortwave frequencies around the World. We also produce extensive online news and current affairs programmes about Pacific issues.
Our daily current affairs programme, Dateline Pacific, Pacific news bulletins, and online content are listened to and accessed across the Pacific Region and around the World. In 2020, our website received over 9 million views, over a million of which came from the continental United States. Our content is also carried by RNZ National and the BBC’s Pacific Service.
It is essential that our successful candidate has:
- Several years of successful newsroom experience;
- A deep understanding of Pacific Region cultures, customs, political structures, contemporary and historical issues;
- The ability to communicate effectively in a Pacific Region language (other than English), multi-lingual ability is preferred;
- A broad knowledge base of New Zealand and international current affairs, and their relation to the Pacific;
- A commitment to the highest standards of journalism;
- A keen news sense;
- A strong broadcast quality voice, and capability to read news bulletins and present programmes; and
- Competency with digital journalism, online media platforms and Social Media.
We are also interested in hearing from journalists who are interested in casual work opportunities with RNZ Pacific.
Please note: A complete application includes your covering letter and a CV.
Applications close: Sunday 18 April
RNZ is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and welcomes applicants reflecting New Zealand’s cultural and ethnic diversity.