Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Business & Economics Reporter
About this role
We’re looking for a connected and energetic
journalist to join our Business team in Wellington or Auckland full-time.
This role would suit somebody with business experience looking to develop
further in their career.
Skills & Experience
You’ll be expected to have:
- the contacts to break stories on air and online and provide in depth coverage and analysis of the business issues that matter to New Zealanders;
- the ability to work under pressure;
- the drive to own your stories on all platforms;
- a strong, broadcast quality voice and be able to carry out live presentation and interviewing;
- a background in radio (essential).
Your collaborative approach will allow you to
forge and maintain essential links across the News team and the
This is an opportunity to work at New Zealand's award-winning Public broadcaster. We produce, commission and deliver multimedia content to the audiences of Aotearoa including our radio brands: RNZ National, Concert and Pacific along with our highly trusted News, podcasts and a wide range of digital content for all New Zealanders.
This is a fixed-term role for 12 months, ideally based in Wellington, but we are open to flexibility and may also consider applicants from Auckland or other locations.
Please note: A complete application includes your covering letter and a CV.
Applications close: Sunday, 20 June 2021
RNZ is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and welcomes applicants reflecting New Zealand’s cultural and ethnic diversity.